Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?
Prayer breaks chains and gives favor that is supernatural. It enables rescue and puts people in the right place at the right time.
Bars as Brothels?
Greetings! I hope you are well and feeling encouraged in anti-human trafficking efforts. This month I’d like to bring your attention to a new campaign from Polaris Project, an exciting new resource, and prayer requests Rescue Freedom International.
Cantinas and Trafficking In the U.S.
Did you know commercial-front brothels are operating in the U.S., posing as traditional bars, cantinas or nightclubs? Read more about Cantinas and trafficking in the U.S.
Read more in More Than Drinks For Sale.
Polaris Project is starting a new campaign regarding this, available in English and Spanish, aimed largely at raising awareness of human trafficking among vulnerable Latino and Hispanic populations in the U.S. Polaris is featuring a 5-part blog about Carmen, a survivor of human trafficking. You can read part one of her story in English or in Spanish. As the blog progresses, the content may also progress, so be aware. The important issue here is awareness of human trafficking, and especially the vulnerability and availability to take this to Spanish speaking brothers and sisters.
Aglow Prayer Guide
Also, the TRAFFICK DVD is available online at the Aglow Store for just $5. This is an excellent tool in raising awareness and letting your community know how human trafficking operates. It is so important we spread the word! I encourage you to grab some copies and give them away.
We love to partner with Rescue Freedom International. Rescue Freedom has 111 prevention, education and restoration programs in 10 nations. Aglow is still a network of prayer warriors, and we are partnering with Rescue Freedom’s feet-on-the-ground work, through prayer.
Thank you for praying over these needs:
- Partner Homes
- One of the Partner homes needs a new utility van.
- Funds are needed to open a new project on site.
- Pray against fear from witchcraft performed over women when they were in captivity.
- Pray for physical health of the girls.
- New residents who have a range of mental illnesses.
- Freedom from trauma.
- Encouragement and spiritual health.
- Pray for girls to be granted citizenship. The journey of someone without national identity is very treacherous.
- Encouragement and renewal for the team, renewal and guidance of the holy spirit, protection of our families.
- Visas for directors - pray that a key person in the government will come forward to help RF.
- Needed time of replenishment and encouragement through the Lord.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Ephesians 3:20 NLT
Standing in the gap with you,